Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blog 13


 
Example #1
M- When were you diagnosed with cancer?
R- Um let’s see. I was 45.
M- Ha, and I was diagnosed with cancer at almost half that age. What was your reaction to being diagnosed with cancer?
Example #2
M- What kinds of treatment did you have to go through?
R- Thankfully, nothing too serious. Well, I don’t think it’s too serious. I went through chemotherapy for 6 months and then we decided to perform a mastectomy to get the cancer out soon and fast. Now it’s all gone and I just have to take one pill a day for five years. It’s funny because normally people are curious as to why I have no hair and am so pale so they’re hesitant to ask me, but not you. You just go for it, and in such a nice manner too

Example #3

M- How did you cope with being diagnosed with cancer?
R- I cried. I cried for hours. I remember getting home and just sitting on my couch crying and asking myself why? That’s when I picked up a notepad and pen sitting on the side table next to me. I remember just writing. Writing how I was feeling, trying to answer questions. It’s when I was done and sat back that I felt better. I discovered something beautiful, writing. It didn’t take the cancer away, but it sure did help the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment